Monday 5 October 2009

Week 6, Day 4

Arivind : So met up with a mate who was down from Malaysia today on holiday and since it was his first time in England, took him for traditional Sunday roast. I suspect, this may be the first time ever during the challenge that I've had some white carbs, but hey, I think a one off should be fine.

Breakfast (7:50am):
Cornflakes with 1% milk
1 small glass white grape juice*

Lunch (1:00pm):

3 pieces of grilled belly pork with savoy cabbage, peas, carrots, 2 new potatoes, 1 roasted potato, 1 Yorkshire pudding and gravy
1 Diet Coke

Snack (5:45pm):

1 orange

Snack (7:15pm):
2 pieces Weetabix with 1% Milk

Dinner (7:45pm):

Small bowl miso soup with sprinkling of brown basmati rice

8:40pm: 1 cup decaf green tea



Samantha: Left the new potatoes on my plate but ate the rest of my roast lamb lunch, so total white carbs= 1 roast potato and 1 Yorkshire pud. Ah well, made up for it by running a bit harder and having smaller nibbles later. I think I've acquired a taste for my own homemade roast meals, they always seem a bit bland in restaurants to me!

Lunch (1:00pm):
1 roast lamb shank
Carrots, peas, savoy cabbage, 1 roast potato and 1 yorkshire pudding
1 Diet Coke

Tea (4:20pm):
1 mug of hot mocha (made with cocoa powder, coffee, sweetener and 1% milk)
1 slice wholemeal bread
Small handful of salted peanuts

Dinner (7:15pm):

1 red apple
1/2 baby avocado and bits of smoked salmon on 1 rye crispbread
Brown basmati rice and miso soup with 1 egg and bits of white fish

Snack (8:30pm):

4 small squares of dark chocolate
1 cup decaf green tea

*All juices are 100% not-from-concentrate, no sugar added.

No comments:

Post a Comment